The Publishing tab allows users to set expiry date, specify additional users and control media visibility in search listings.
Accessing the Publishing Options
During Media Upload Process: Users can access the Publishing options from the Publishing Tab on the 'Add Media' page.
Post Media Upload: Select the media file from the listing under the dashboard menu, whose publishing options needs to be accessed.
On clicking the title, the user will be directed to the 'Edit Object' page for that uploaded media. The Publishing options are available on the lower left hand pane.
Publishing Options Explained
The options available to users under Publishing are explained in detail below:
· A list of playlists that the user has already created will be displayed. The user then selects one or more playlists from the lists and the media will be immediately added to those playlists. Users can also create a new playlist by entering it in the textbox below the list and click on "Add" and then the "Submit" key.
· Allows a user to control the visibility of the uploaded media on the website. Users will first have to select a collection to view the permissions available in this option.
· List media in public searches and listings: Select this option to make the media visible in collection listings, search results and others. Note that this does not change the view permissions on the media itself. The media is usually listed with title, description and thumbnails in various listings.
· List media in searches for authorized users only:Selecting this option will make the media visible in collection listings to those users who have access to 'view' the media (i.e. access given by sharing media with that user/users or a group or institution). For example, if a media that is being uploaded has group "CS101" assigned to it, then all members of the CS101 group will find this media in their collection listing or search results if they search for that media.
· Unlist media from search and listings: The media is blacklisted from collection listings and search results.