The illumira reporting tool lets administrators, librarians and content uploaders and owners view detailed statistics of their media assets. The reporting tool provides key insights into how the service is being used within the institution through a combination of graphs and statistics. Users can not only track of media uploads, usage, and views but also view storage being used. Using an intuitive interface user can filter the reports based on media types, collections and platforms and other elements.
The tool consists of the following reports:
- Views Report: The Views report provides information on media views for both institutional user-uploaded content as well as all commercial assets that are licensed by the institution. Using the available graphical and statistical representation, content owners and administrators can view the usage for their uploaded content and entire institutional content. For additional information on this report please view the article, Media Views and Rankings Report.
- Media Views Ranking: This report will let users see the top viewed institutional media among their members.Content owners and uploaders can view the rankings for their own content, administrators can see this reports for all collections that they manage. For additional information on this report please view the article, Media Views and Rankings Report.
- Top Viewers: Provides information to institutional administrators on who are the top users for their institution in terms of media views. For additional information on this report please view the article. For additional information on this report please view the article, Media Views and Rankings Report.
Note: The institution needs to have the "Show UserID’s/Username’s in reports" permission enabled for the institutional members to see this report. This permission can be enabled by the Institutional Administrator from the Institutional Profile page. For more information on enabling this permission please see the article: View and Manage the Institutional Profile
- User Uploads: This report provides information on media uploaded by users with information such as storage and duration. This information can be further filtered down based on video v/s audio, uploaded hosts, platforms and other filter options. Content owners and uploaders can view the statistics for their own content, administrators can see this reports for all collections that they manage. For more information on enabling this permission please see the article: User Uploads Report
- Commercial Assets & Licenses Report: This report lets users view the commercial assets that are licensed by the institution along with license tracking and management. This report is accessible for all institutional managers and any other users such as librarians whose user profile has been enabled to view this report. To view more on this feature view the support article on Commercial Assets & Licenses Report
- Top Creators: This reports provides institutional administrators valuable insight on the top media asset creators for the institution. For more information on enabling this permission please see the article: Top Creator Reports for Administrators
The access permissions for viewing the various reports available under the illumira reporting tool can be broken down to:
- Users with Administrative profile: Institutional Administrators, Institutional Collections Manager's (ICM)
- Staff/Faculty who today have privileges/permissions to view reports such as Usage Statistics, Commercial License Listing, e.g. a Librarian with access to the existing license listing tool.
- Uploaders/Owners and Additional Owners of media files.
While institutional administrators can see and access all the reports by default, the same might not be the case for the other user categories specified in the above list, who may only have access to certain specific reports and items within them.
Additionally any user can be granted the permission to view these reports by enabling the respective permissions in their user profiles. For example if a staff or a faculty member needs to see the usage/view statistics for all the institutional media, then enabling that permission for the user in the profile will give them access to the tool reports.
The chart below shows the default access to the various reports that users have depending on their roles.
|Institutional Administrator (IA)||Institutional Collections Manager (ICM)||User with View Institutional Statistics permission||User with "Manage commercial Licenses" permission||Regular User|
|Views Report||Yes||Yes, for collections they are assigned to.||Yes||No||Yes, for files that they have uploaded or are additional owner|
|Media Views Ranking||Yes||Yes, for collections they are assigned to.||Yes, for files that they have uploaded or are additional owners||No|| Yes, for files that they have uploaded or are additional owners|
|Top Viewers||Yes|| *Yes, for collections they are assigned to.||Yes||No|| *Yes, for files that they have uploaded or are additional owners|
|User Uploads||Yes||Yes, for collections they are assigned to.||No||No||Yes, for files that they have uploaded or are additional owner|
|Commercial Assets & Licenses Report||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
* See related note under Top Viewers
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions or issues.