The Views report provides information on resource views for both user uploaded content including video, audio, PDF and image files; as well as all commercial videos that are licensed by the institution. Using the available graphical and statistical representation, content owners and administrators can view the usage for their uploaded content and entire institutional content. While content uploaders and owners can see the usage information for only their uploaded content, Institution Collections Managers (ICMs) can see the data for all the collections that they manage. Institutional Administrators will be able to see the usage statistics for all the media within the institution.
This report will let users see the top viewed institutional media among their members. Content owners and uploaders can view the rankings for their own content, while administrators such as Institution Collections Managers (ICMs) can see this report for all collections that they manage. Institutional Administrators can see the rankings for all of the institutional assets, including both user uploaded and commercial video assets.
This report provides information to content owners and uploaders on who are the top viewers for their own content, while administrators such as Institution Collections Managers (ICMs) can see this report for all collections that they manage. Institutional Administrators can see the viewer rankings for all of the institutional assets, including both user uploaded and commercial video assets.
The institution has to have the "view user ID/net ID" permission enabled for the institutional members to see this report. This permission can be enabled by the Institutional Administrator from the Institutional Profile page. For more information on enabling this permission please see the article: View and Manage the Institutional Profile
The report is displayed graphically as well as statistically for the users benefit. Users can toggle the available options to narrow down the vies to specific data should they choose to.
- Graph View: This view lets users see the graphical representation of the report and any filter options that they might have selected. Users can choose to view data for the day, week or month as well as their variations. Users can also view the data for a custom time period. For a displayed graph users can break down data based day, month and year. The statistical data automatically refreshes itself to list the options chosen for the graphs. In addition users can also save and download the graph for further analysis.
Statistical View: The statistical view provides a list of the data represented by the graphs. Users can modify the displayed fields and add or remove the fields if needed. Users can also sort specific fields based on ascending/descending order. The tool lets users export the displayed statistics as a CSV file for further analysis.
- Pie Charts: In addition many of the filter options also feature a drill down pie chart for the data set. These charts can be accessed by clicking on the pie chart icon under the available filter options
Users can filter the displayed data for any of the reports based on the filter options available. Users can select one or multiple options within a field. The graphs and statistical data will automatically refresh based on selected options.
When a user selects any of the filter options the data is refreshed and the selected fields are displayed as 'pills' on top of the graph for information. The user can click on a pill to see the selected options. To re-select a filter cancel a pill and select the filter options again. Users can also clear all selected filters by clicking on the 'Reset All' button.
A list of the available fields and their brief description is provided below:
- Exclude Anonymous users: This option when checked, displays the stats for all views excluding views from non-logged in users. Non-logged in users can view those institutional media that are shared with 'public', such entries can be eliminated by checking this option.
- All Users (Default): This option, selected by default displays data for all of the institutions users. Users can uncheck this option to view data for a specific user-ID
- Username: Provide the username of user whose viewing stats you would like to view.
- Domain: This information is already provided for the user.
Filter by Media
- PID: Provide the media ID of a media resource (njcore PID number) to see the statistics for only the specific media.
- This option lets users specify the collection(s) for which they want to view the data. The list, automatically generated, lets content uploaders and owners, view the collections that they can upload into, while Institutional Administrators (IA's), Institutional Collection Managers (ICM's) see the collections that they manage. Users can select one or multiple collections to view the relevant data.
- Users can choose to filter media based on whether they are media uploaded by institutional members or commercial titles licensed by the library.
- Users can use this filter option to see the data for only specific commercial video collections/publishers.
- Media Types
- Specify "Video" or "Audio" or "Text (PDF)" or "Images" to see the statistics for the particular type of media.
- This option lets the user filter results based on where a particular media file was uploaded from. For example a file can be uploaded via website, or within an LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle etc.)
- This option lets the user filter the results to a specific host from where the media was uploaded such as a branded domain name, LMS site or a lecture capture system such as camtasia relay.
- Lets the user filter the views based on the device used by the viewers to view the media resources, e.g. Desktops, iPad, Android phones etc.
- Users can select and see statistics for specific browsers on which the media was accessed, e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome etc.
Viewed at Domain
- This option lets the user filter the results to specify which domain the media resources were viewed from such as branded domains, websites that a media resource is embedded into etc.