Once the Building block is installed and you have configured its settings, follow these instructions to create the "Media Browser".
Click on "Register New Tool"
In the page that opens, complete the form fields as per the following instructions
- For the "Name" field, enter 'Course Media Browser" or 'Media Browser" or any other name of your liking.
- For the "Tool type" field, select "Media Browser"
- Launch URL: Enter the Launch URL that was provided to you in the email
- Consumer Key: Enter the consumer key that was provided to you in the email
- Shared secret: Enter the Shared Secret that was provided to you in the email
Setting the Media Browser data settings
Changing Data settings
Select the newly created tool and select 'Edit data settings' in the drop-down
- Check and enable 'Context ID'
- For "Value to use for context ID", select "Course ID"
- Check and enable Context Sourcedtd,
- Check and enable Context Title
- User ID select 'Required by tool'
- Value to use for user ID, select 'Username'
- Sourcedtd: Checked
- Username: select "Required by tool"
- Email: "Required by tool"
- User Avatar: Unchecked
- User Roles: Checked
In the "Role Mappings" section
- Course Builder and Instructor can be mapped to Instructor
- Student to Learner
- "Send administrator role" must be checked and enabled.
Setting the Media Browser Launch settings
Select "Edit launch settings' in the drop-down next to the tool and select "Open tool in" as 'iFrame'