The 'Descriptive' tab on the add PDF object/template form enables users to provide details on the subject matter and content of the PDF objects being uploaded. Any metadata information provided in this tab can be used to aid in search for the PDF objects by other users. All the fields in this tab are optional and completing them is based on the user preference.
· This field allows the user to input any additional title information that may be associated with the uploaded PDF object. The options available are Alternative, Abbreviated, Series, Translated and Uniform. The user can choose to provide one or more associated titles.
· This text box allows the user to provider PDF document description and related abstract information.
· . This field allows users to provide subject metadata
keywords for the uploaded PDF object. The descriptive subject headings allow other
users to search for a video using the keyword and improve discover-ability of
the document. Users have the choice of specifying subject types (i.e. Name,
Topic, etc.) and the Term Sources for those subject headings if
known. (i.e. Library of Congress subject headings (lcsh) etc.). The
default options for both the fields are 'topic' and 'custom'. The user can
choose to provide one or more associated subject headings.
· : A user can specify the target audience for the document along with the associated term source if known. (i.e. Adult, K12, Educators,, etc.) The information chosen is displayed as a part of the PDF object metadata.
· Contributor (Person and/or Corporation/Organization): These two fields allow the user to provide details of the contributors to the PDF document. The user can choose to add multiple contributors and also specify the role of the individual or the organization. This information is displayed along with the PDF object metadata. If available the user can also provide the term source of the contributor's role.
The 'Note' field: This field allows the user to provide additional information on the PDF object that may be available through a free-form text box. The user can also categorize the information by selecting the appropriate 'type' from the dropdown. Although this information is added to the metadata records for the PDF resource it is not displayed along with the object.
Adding Tags/Keywords to uploaded resources: Tags can be quickly provided to any new object or template while creating or editing a resource. The tags functionality will aid in search-ability and discover-ability of content from the Manage media screen. Users can provide tag keywords and hit TAB or ENTER key to add the tags
To save or cancel all the provided tags users can click the Save or Cancel link.
All the added tags are discover-able from the Manage Media interface. Users can search and find any media content tagged with the searched keyword.
· Provide the available
copyright date for the document if the uploaded document is copyright protected.
· Users have the option of entering customized rights information statements for both public and copy protected PDF objects.