Users can upload image files in bulk using a CSV file template with all the relevant information.
The following are the fields that can be provided in the CSV file:
- Title: Specify the title for the uploaded file
- Master: The user will be providing the HTTP/FTP path of the file.
- Series Title: If the titles belong to a series, the series can be provided here.
- Abstract: Allows the user to provide a description metadata to accompany the media content.
- Subject: The user can provide the subjects that are related to the title being uploaded to aid content discoverability.
- Language: The media language will be specified here.
- Target Audience: The User can specify target audiences (Adult, Higher Education, College, K12, Educator, Special Audiences, Vocational, Male, Female)
- Contributors (Personal): Users can specify the human contributors to the title. Provide the Name, Last name, Affiliation, and role. Separate different people with a semi-colon(;) The syntax will be in the form of - Last name, Name M.I, Affiliation, Role;
- Contributors (Organization): Provide the organizational contributors of the title if available. Multiple entries will need to be separated by a semi-colon(;)
- Note: Specify any notes related to the title such as bibliographic history, awards, ISBN numbers etc.
- Publisher Name: Specify the Publisher name if available.
- Copyright date: Specify a copyright date in the format yyyy-mm-dd if available.
- Playlist: The user can add the media to any existing or new playlists. If a new playlist name is specified the playlist(s) will be created automatically. If an existing playlist name is specified the title will be added to that playlist. The names need not be case sensitive.
- The sample template is available at http://www.illumira.net/files/bulk_upload_template.csv that can be modified based on the users requirement.
- Follow the steps included in Bulk Uploading of image files - Introduction, and then select the 'Upload CSV file' option.
- Browse to the folder or directory that has the file, select the CSV file and click on 'OK'
In the next screen, select the collection and publishing options for all of the image resources listed in the CSV file. The following are the options available under the Publishing tab: