- illumira subscribers enjoy consortial pricing for purchasing of digital videos.
- See http://valenj.org/committee/vale-digital-media/vale-digital-video-offerings-2012-2013
- All commercial video titles in illumira are available with complete catalogs and metadata which can be exported as MARC records and imported into the Institution's OPAC or Integrated Library system.
- illumira supports streaming to mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, Androids and other mobile devices, thus not only increasing the viewership of the licensed videos but also increases convenience of watching videos.
- The videos are available in multiple streaming bit rates to ensure that users can view the videos comfortably on high speed as well as slower cellular data networks.
- Most Commercial videos in illumira come with vendor provided closed captions which can be enabled during viewing of the video thus providing an enhanced learning experience and improves accessibility of these videos
- Supplementary documents such as Learning guides and Instructor guides when available are placed alongside the video to aid instructors and students in their learning experience
- Users can use the clips creation tool (or annotate) to create clips of interest and create playlists
- Users can create playlists out of full videos and playlists.
- Integrated tools to allow embedding of videos in Learning Management Systems such as Sakai, Moodle and Blackboard.
- Institutions have the option to have a branded website that is customized to their Video collections
- All commercial videos are also stored in an uncompressed format which allows illumira to support the streaming of other formats in the future.
- illumira maintains a high efficiency load-balanced streaming infrastructure which provides a seamless user experience.
- Access to the videos is controlled to faculty and staff using Shibboleth. This means that user accounts will not have to be created for this service.
Features and advantages of subscribing to this service
Modified on: Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:03 PM
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?