The 'Descriptive' tab on the add media/template form enables users to provide details on the subject matter and content of the media being uploaded. Any metadata information provided in this tab can be used to aid in search for the media by other users. All the fields in this tab except for the Object Type are optional and completing them is based on the user preference.
· The sub-type options are available for certain object types. For example for audio objects the user can specify if the resource is a Musical file.
· This field allows the user to input any additional title information that may be associated with the uploaded media. The options available are Alternative, Abbreviated, Series, Translated and Uniform. The user can choose to provide one or more associated titles.
· This text box allows the user to provider media description and related abstract information.
· . This field allows users to provide subject metadata keywords for the uploaded media. The descriptive subject headings allow other users to search for a video using the keyword and improve discover-ability of the video. Users have the choice of specifying subject types (i.e. Name, Topic, etc.) and the Term Sources for those subject headings if known. (i.e. Library of Congress subject headings (lcsh) etc.).
The default options for both the fields is 'Topic' for type and a empty/blank value for Term Source. The user can choose to provide one or more associated subject headings should they wish to.
· : A user can specify the target audience for the media along with the associated term source if known. (i.e. Adult, K12, Educators,, etc.) The information chosen is displayed as a part of the video metadata.
· Contributor (Person and/or Corporation/Organization): These two fields allow the user to provide details of the contributors to the media. The user can choose to add multiple contributors and also specify the role of the individual or the organization. This information is displayed along with the media metadata. If available the user can also provide the term source of the contributor's role.
The 'Note' field: This field allows the user to provide additional information on the media that may be available through a free-form text box. The user can also categorize the information by selecting the appropriate 'type' from the dropdown. Although this information is added to the metadata records for the media it is not displayed along with the media.
Adding Tags/Keywords to uploaded resources: Tags can be quickly provided to any new object or template while creating or editing a resource. The tags functionality will aid in search-ability and discover-ability of content from the Manage media screen. Users can provide tag keywords and hit TAB or ENTER key to add the tags
To save or cancel all the provided tags users can click the Save or Cancel link.
All the added tags are discover-able from the Manage Media interface. Users can search and find any media content tagged with the searched keyword.
· Provide a available copyright date for the media if the uploaded media is copyright protected.
· Users have the option of entering customized rights information or can choose to have preset illumira rights statements for both public and commercial media.